Saturday, July 28, 2012

"The Yellow Sheet"

I just came across this on a teacher's blog and absolutely HAD to post it immediately.  It is probably the best teaching item I have came across. 
"The Yellow Sheet" (<-----To view the teacher's blog and description click on the link to the left)

Here is a short description of "The Yellow Sheet". 
When a student misses an assignment they have to go retrieve a yellow sheet of paper and fill it out with the date, assignment topic, actual assignment, and their signature.  They turn in the sheet to the teacher and is kept on record.  When a student finally turns in their homework the bottom portion of the paper is cut off and stapled to the student's work with the grade that they received from being late.  If they never turn it in, it is recorded with a 0.  The teacher keeps the top half on record (great for parent/teacher conference and questions).

I will definitely be having a folder of these (hoping they don't get used often!).  I will put up a copy of my own version once I make it over the next few weeks.
What a great idea to keep track of students' work and to make them be responsible and held accountable.

1 comment:

  1. Here is another version of the yellow sheet:

    https://www.etsy.com/listing/156908330/oops-i-forgot-my-homework-digital

    ReplyDelete